- Primary Address:
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
34th St & Civic Center Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- (215) 590-2780
Dr. Storm specializes in neurosurgical techniques in pediatric patients. He also is intersted in cell signaling in pediatric brain tumors.
- Associate Professor of Neurosurgery at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2012 – present)
- Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2004 – 2012)
- M.D., Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1996)
- B.A., Chemistry & Sociology, summa cum laude, Wake Forest University (1990)
Dr. Storm is an attending neurosurgeon at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. He has a particular interest in pediatric brain tumors and is internationally recognized for surgical expertise in this area. He is also actively involved in research into the cell signaling mechanisms of tumors in the brain.
Dr. Storm has served as principal investigator on several significant research grants. He has published extensively in professional journals, including Neurosurgery, Journal of Neurosurgery and Pediatric Neurosurgery.
- Ali Zarina S, Lang Shih-Shan, Kamat Ameet R, Adappa Nithin D, Palmer James N, Storm Phillip B, Lee John Y K. Suprasellar pediatric craniopharyngioma resection via endonasal endoscopic approach.. Child's nervous system : ChNS : official journal of the International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery. 2013 May.
- Frisoli Fabio A, Lang Shih-Shan, Vossough Arastoo, Cahill Anne Marie, Heuer Gregory G, Dahmoush Hisham M, Storm Phillip B, Beslow Lauren A. Intrarater and interrater reliability of the pediatric arteriovenous malformation compactness score in children.. Journal of neurosurgery. Pediatrics. Vol 11(5) . 2013 May:547-51.
- Sievert Angela J, Lang Shih-Shan, Boucher Katie L, Madsen Peter J, Slaunwhite Erin, Choudhari Namrata, Kellet Meghan, Storm Phillip B, Resnick Adam C. Paradoxical activation and RAF inhibitor resistance of BRAF protein kinase fusions characterizing pediatric astrocytomas.. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. Vol 110(15) . 2013 Apr:5957-62.
- Campen, CJ, Kranick, SM, Kasner, SE, Kessler, SK, Zimmerman, RA, Lustig, R, Phillips, PC, Storm, PB, Smith, SE, Ichord, R, Fisher, MJ. Cranial irradiation increases risk of stroke in pediatric brain survivors. Stroke. Vol 43(11) . 2012 Nov:3035-40.
- Kosty, J, Pukenas, B, Smith, M, Storm, PB, Zager, E, Stiefel, Leroux, P, Hurst, R. Iatrogenic vascular complications associated with the external ventricular drain placement: A Report of eight cases and review of the literature. Neurosurgery [Epub ahead of print]. 2012 Nov 10.
- Shih-Shan Lang, Joel A. Bauman, Michael W. Aversano, Matthew R. Sanborn, Arastoo Vossough, Gregory G. Heuer,Phillip B. Storm.. Hyponatremia following Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy: A Report of Five Cases and Analysis of Risk Factors. J. Neurosurg. Peds,. Vol 48(1) . 2012 Jul:39-43.
- Lang, SS, Beslow, LA, Gabel, B, Judkins, AR, Fisher, MJ, Sutton, LN, Storm, PB, Heuer, GG. Surgical treatment of brain tumors in infants less than 6 months of age and literature review.. World Neurosurgery. 2012 Jul:137-44.
- James H. Stephen, Angela J. Sievert, Peter J. Madsen, Alexander R. Judkins, Adam C. Resnick, Phillip B. Storm, E.J. Rushing, Maria-Rita Santi. Spinal cord ependymomas and myxopapillary ependymomas in the first 2 decades of life: a clinicopathological and immunohistochemical characterization of 19 cases. J Neurosurg Pediartr. Vol 9(6) . 2012 Jun:646-53.
- Shih-Shan Lang, Lauren A. Beslow, Robert L. Bailey, Arastoo Vossough, Joanna Ekstrom, Gregory G. Heuer, Phillip B. Storm. Follow-up Imaging to Detect Recurrence of Surgically Treated Pediatric Arteriovenous Malformations. J Neurosurg. Peds. Vol 9(5) . 2012 May:497-504.
- Jacob, A, Heuer, GG, Grant, R, Georgoff, P, Danish, SF, Stein, SC.. Decompressive hemicraniectomy for pediatric traumatic brain injury:long-term outcome based on quality of life. Pediatric Neurosurgery. Vol 47. 2011 September:81-6.